WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 1. Will I Lose Weight From Colon Hydrotherapy?
- Colon hydrotherapy alone may be helpful in assisting to get rid of built-up waste material in the colon.
- In autopsies, medical doctors have found large quantity of undigested fecal matter in colons.
- The colon gets clogged by drugs, insufficient intake of water and fiber, indigestion, unbalanced food intake, lack of exercise, degenerative changes due to age and diabetic gastropathy.
- Unless you clean your colon, digestion will remain slow, metabolism will remain slow, food cravings will remain high, hunger will remain high due to lack of nutrients being absorbed properly, and you may have a difficult time in weight loss.
- The less built up and impacted waste material you are carrying around, the less you will weigh. physiological weight loss from a better basal metabolic rate , under the supervision of physician and certified colon hydro therapist, it is very possible to continue to lose weight in an healthy manner.
- 2. Will My Skin Look Healthier?
- The condition of your digestive system dictates everything about how you will look and feel, from your energy levels to the radiance of your skin to the efficiency of your metabolism.
- An improperly functioning colon can set the stage for an imbalanced internal ratio of good to bad bacteria (i.e. dysbiosis). Both the toxins produced by decaying material and a yeast overgrowth contribute to skin problems.
- Build up of fecal material in the lining of the intestines can inhibit absorption of the nutrients in food and supplements. Less of the nutrients essential to good skin and general health, leads to diminished overall wellness and, specifically, poor skin.
- Poor colon functioning can lead to bad skin: Boils, Rashes, Acne, Pimples, Dull Skin, Dry Skin, Eczema, Psoriasis.
- 3. Why Would We Ever Need To Clean My Colon? Isn't It Enough To Just Go To The Bathroom?
Unfortunately in 90% of cases just going to the toilet is not enough. You might wonder: "Why?"
Because our "modern lifestyles" are completely unnatural and this leads to a build up of toxic waste in our bodies that accumulates over the years.
Many factors contribute to this faecal accumulation, the most common are:
- Busy lives and ignoring the 'urge to go'
- Diets high in gluten and dairy
- Red meat and processed meat consumption
- Refined Carbohydrates and Sugar
- Processed foods, artificial preservatives, sweeteners and other chemicals
- Low intake of water with consequent dehydration
- Low intake of vegetables
- High alcohol consumption
- High caffeine consumption
- Fizzy drinks
- 4. What Is Colonic Irrigation?
Colonic irrigation, also known as Colonic Hydrotherapy, is a safe and effective method of cleansing the colon by repeated gentle flushing with warm filtered water under very low pressure, using specialised massage techniques on the tummy area to stimulate release.
The treatment is odourless and is not painful.
- 5. Are There Any Side Effects?
There are no known negative side effects. A majority of the time, clients will usually use the words "lighter and energized" to describe how they feel after a session. It is possible, however, to feel fatigue an/or get a headache afterwards. This is generally due to toxins being flushed quickly, which can be reabsorbed into the system. This "yucky" feeling soon passes, and with further sessions the client can expect to see benefits while experiencing relief right away.
- 6. Will Colon Irrigation Deplete My Body Of Intestinal Flora/Good Bacteria?
No. Most people who have accumulated impacted feces and toxins which encrust along the colon wall cannot create their own intestinal flora. Many people are mis-informed and believe colonics can flush out good bacteria, minerals, as well as nutrients out of the system. What many people do not realize is if your colon is not functioning properly because of possible encrusted accumulation, there is no possible way for your body to create friendly probiotics and flora on its own. Logic dictates that once this area is free of these toxic burdens, the body's goal is to maintain homeostasis by reincculating with the assistance of fiber and water.
- 7.What is the Colon and why is a healthy Colon so important?
- The colon is the last five feet of the digestive tract or large intestine. It is a hollow tube like organ made up of muscle structure that moves waste along by a wavelike motion known as peristalsis. The primary function of the colon is to absorb water, electrolytes and some vitamins, as well as preparing and storing fecal waste prior to elimination. The colon, along with the skin, kidneys, lungs and lymphatic system is a major organ of elimination of toxins and waste. If bowel movements are not regular, the waste products and toxins accumulate and can compromise our health. Good health is as much a function of our elimination status as the quality of food we eat.
- 8.What exactly does Colon Hydrotherapy accomplish?
- Colon hydrotherapy is the safe gentle infusion and release of temperature and pressure regulated water in and out of the large intestine. Through this procedure, the entire large intestine can be cleansed of feces, retained gas and mucus thus diluting the toxic concentrations in the large intestines. The therapeutic effects are: improved muscle tone which facilitates peristaltic action and enhances the absorption of nutrients, while minimizing the absorption of toxic waste material.
- 9.What about sanitation?
- Modern colon hydrotherapy equipment is manufactured through compliance with strict US FDA guidelines that dictate rigorous accountability. The FDA registered equipment features temperature controlled water mixing and back flow prevention valves, pressure and temperature sensors, and a built-in chemical sanitizing unit and a 3 stage water purification unit comprising of particle and carbon filters and an Ultra-violet light disinfecting . Disposable, single-use rectal speculum and tubing that come in a sealed sterile pack are used at each session.
- 10.How does a person know if they need Colon Hydrotherapy?
- Everyone can benefit from some internal cleansing. Everyday our bodies are exposed to toxins and pollutants in the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. Our modern lifestyle has taken its toll on our digestive and eliminationorgans. Refined, processed, low fiber foods, unhealthy fats, a lack of exercise and ever increasing levels of stress all contribute to our current gastro-intestinal health crisis. When waste and toxins can be eliminated from the body, there is no problem. But when these build up faster than they can be eliminated, or when the elimination systems are under active, these toxins accumulate and create the necessary preconditions for disease in the body.
- 11.What is Auto-intoxication?
- When we do not eliminate our waste, toxins circulate in our blood and can create auto-intoxication or self poisoning. This occurs when the colon walls become weak and undigested food begins to enter the bloodstream. Old accumulated matter in the colon provides a breading ground for unhealthy bacteria. This affects all of our bodily cells, tissues and organs. This lowers overall performance of our bodily functions and sets the stage for serious health problems.
- 12.What are the common symptoms of intestinal toxicity?
- Fatigue, constipation, excess weight, stomach bloat, gas, bad breath, coated tongue, body odour, skin problems, lower back pain, depression, poor memory, weakened immune system and feeling of lethargy. If any of these symptoms sound familiar, colon hydrotherapy and detoxification would be of great benefit.
- 13.Will laxatives or enemas accomplish the same results as Colon hydrotherapy?
- Laxatives are considered to be an irritant and stimulant to the colon. They draw water from the body and produce a thin watery substance that clears only the most recently digested waste from the colon and leaves behind the impacted waste on the colon walls. Enemas are fine to clean out the lower part of the rectum and colon, but miss about 4 feet of colon.
- 14.How is Colon Hydrotherapy different?
- Colon Hydrotherapy is a gentle infusion of water in and out of the colon, reaching four to five feet, allowing waste to be removed. With an experienced Colon hydrotherapist, additional waste can be eliminated by massaging the abdomen gently and addressing different acupressure points and by instructing the client with breathing techniques.
- 15.What can I expect from Colon hydrotherapy?
- Colon hydrotherapy is not a cure, but a valuable procedure used to assist the body with the reversal of a wide variety of health conditions, known to stem from improper diet and elimination habits. Colon hydrotherapy should be considered a preventative and health enhancement rather than a treatment for disease.
- 16.What is constipation?
- The medical dictionary defines this condition as difficult or infrequent passage of feces… or it can refer to the hardness of the stool. Those who agree with the natural approaches believe a state of constipation can also exist when the bowel movement appears normal in spite of accumulations of waste along the colon. So what is normal? If you go to the bathroom once a day or once every two to three days, it may be considered normal but it is not healthy. Consider for instance, the babies eliminate shortly after each meal. Their new digestive systems have not had the time to develop problems caused by improper diets, environmental toxins and stress. If you are eating three meals a day and are eliminating only once, it is prudent to ask yourself where the other two meals are hiding.
- 17.What are the therapeutic indications for colon hydrotherapy?
- Overall health care maintenance, constipation, diarrhea, mild/moderate hemorrhoids, intestinal detoxification, bowel training for para/quadriplegics, chronic fatigue syndrome, candida iliacus, following pregnancy, preparation for bowel test, after barium enemas, irritable bowel syndromes, during weight loss/fasting programs, part of drug rehabilitation program.
- 18.What are the indications under a physicians guidance or recommendation?
- Acute fecal impaction, colitis, parasite infestation, ulcerative colitis, chrohn's disease, hyper/hypothermia, colostomy cleansing, severe hemorrhoids and any acute debilitating medical condition.
- 19.Are there any absolute contra indications for Colon hydrotherapy?
- Yes. Cancer of the colon or G.I. tract, diverticulitis, acute abdominal pain, recent history of G.I. bleeding, recent heart attack, recent cardiovascular condition, uncontrolled hypertension, general debilitation, vascular aneurysm and possible history of seizures, epilepsy or psychoses.
- 20.Will Colon hydrotherapy affect the bacteria that reside in the colon?
- Research has determined that there are more than thirty six different species of bacteria that reside in the colon. Of these bacteria, more than twenty are formed in the stool of flesh eaters, all of which produce very highly toxic products. It is a well known fact that good bacteria, the bacteria that is necessary for proper digestion, has difficulty surviving when the colon is encrusted with old putrefied waste. At this time, there is no published data on the effects of colon hydrotherapy removing the indigenous intestinal microflora. The body is constantly manufacturing healthy bacteria.
- 21.Will the electrolyte balance in my body be changed by receiving Colon hydrotherapy?
- In the 1989 study ' Effects of 'Colon hydrotherapy on serum electrolytes', reported in the journal of Natural Medicine in 1990, no patient experienced any clinically significant symptoms or disturbances. When the body is properly nourished with good quality organic foods containing sodium, potassium and magnesium, the electrolyte level of the colon is replenished as part of the diet.
- 22.How often is Colon hydrotherapy necessary?
- After your first colonic your Doctor at the Colon therapy clinic will be able to assist you based upon what is observed during the procedure, your dietary habit history and your expectations or goals for cleansing and lifestyle change. During the first session the client may expel considerable amounts of gas and recently digested food and waste, before one starts dislodging the old encrusted fecal matter. Colonics are a process of removing impaction of mucus and encrustation which have been built upon the colon wall layer by layer over many years. Reversing the situation may take a series of colon irrigations. Most clients begin feeling better after removing large amounts of waste matter after the third treatment. Many colon doctors recommend a series of 6 to 10 colonics over a period of weeks for the first time client. Then, depending on the individual, it may be recommended that they have a colonic every 3 to 6 months.
- 23.How long does it take to receive a colon irrigation?
- The sessions vary according to the individual needs and response. But it usually lasts from 30 to 35 minutes. The first visit may be longer due to an evaluation performed prior to the first appointment.
- 24.What results can be expected from receiving colon hydrotherapy?
- Some of the positive results people often experience include a profound cleanliness and lightness. Others speak of a renewed energy and mental alertness. Still others enjoy relief of toxic feelings which they were not otherwise able to eliminate. Occasionally, some people experience an emotional release as they 'let go' of old matter they've been holding onto. This sort of release, when it occurs, is almost always followed by a strong sense of wellbeing.
- 25.What about 'candida albicans' yeast overgrowth?
- Candida like other yeast infections are systemic conditions emanating from the colon, and it can affect both men and women and is sexually transmitted. If the colon is not cleansed and the condition arrested, it can overcome the entire immune system. Symptoms can be allergies, fatigue, constipation, diarrhea, colitis, acne, vaginitis, kidney and bladder infections, arthritis, depression, mood swings, hyperactivity, respiratory infections etc. Drugs only suppress the condition and then make it worse. The only lasting successful treatment of this condition is a supervised detoxification program, nutritional guidance and colon hydrotherapy.
- 26.Can children receive Colon hydrotherapy?
- Yes. The Doctor at the Clinic will determine whether it is appropriate for the child after consulting with the child's primary healthcare practitioner. The full consent of the child will be required without any coercion. Pediatric speculums would be used and the child will have every right and opportunity to terminate a session according to his comfort level.